Join a fast paced industry leading team providing structural repairs and reconstruction to homes and businesses damaged by fire, flood, smoke and storm. We are seeking an experienced remodeling & repair estimator capable of estimating, selling and following through with oversite of the team assigned to the reconstruction. Our team enjoy seeing a job from beginning to end and take delight in helping people in their time of great need. This is an ideal position for a skilled self employed remodeler looking for a change or an property insurance adjuster seeking more job stability and opportunity.
Job requires strong construction skills, ability to master industry specific estimating software (Xactamate), great customer communication and relationship building skills, time management as well as project management skills.
Join a growing successful team with a proven 38 year track record.
Reporting Relationship: Reconstruction Department Manager & General Sales and Marketing Manager
Supervisory Relationship: Supervise the Project Co-ordinators assigned to your projects
Working Relationship: Other Sales Project Managers, Department Managers, subcontractors and vendors
Fulltime Exempt Position Benefit Level Sales
Compensation: Salary and monthly incentive bonus
Responsibilities and Activities Typical to Reconstruction Department Sales Project Manager Position
Note: these are typical and normal activities and responsibilities associated with the Sales Project Manager Position. Requirements, duties and responsibilities may change as result of changes in business conditions. Staffing or other business requirements.
General Description: Salaried and commissioned position that acts as the main point of contact for the repairs and reconstruction projects engaged by the company. Will be skilled in construction processes and assemblies both residential and commercial . Will possess sales and negotiating skills, attention to detail with creating accurate scopes and estimates and ability to manage projects from afar. Strong communication skills and ability to adapt to company processes for success completion of repair projects.
- Meet potential customers as early in the restoration process as possible to introduce self, the company and the process and begin the preparation of customer and project for recon and rebuild
- Provide complete detailed scope and accurate estimate for the repairs, reconstruction and restoration per the plan of returning the property to preexisting conditions
- Negotiate with the insurance company to provide the best possible solution for our customer without compromising yours or the company’s integrity and reputation
- Be attentive to customers desires for possible changes to the scope of work, Provide the “Dream Time” change order at the start of the project as needed
- Prepare pre-construction document including contract documents, production file documents, selections information and allowances, Sub-Contractor and vendor purchase orders, Create first entries in Sub Vendor log. Work with Admin Assistant to get the job ready to start
- Present job and answer question regarding project to Production supervisor, Dept. manager, Admin Assistant and assigned lead carpenter or sub.
- Attend Pre Start meeting at job site as needed to make sure the hand off is smooth between sales, production and the customer
- Monitor the project for progress, invoicing, collections and need for change orders or supplement
- Participate in the Punch list process on larger jobs but make sure the process happens on all jobs to completely execute the job close out strategy
- Comply with all insurance company requirements and processes for repairs and reconstruction portions of projects
- Close out the project including:
- Close out job activities once they are completed
- Review the payments, invoicing to make sure all have been received
- Review Job Cost and Margins reporting as jobs are closed
Sales and Business Development Activities
- Update customer contact software for all assigned jobs to maintain accurate contact and people information and related people on all projects
- Enter new contacts. Customers including adjusters, vendors and subcontractors into business management software as they come in
- Develop expertise in industry related disciplines to enable you to teach continuing education classes and thus further develop your brand
- Attend sales and relationship building events
- Use company supplied marketing tools to advance relationships
- Monitor jobs pending to move those stalled or dormant jobs to active or properly close out
- Participate completely in the 24 hour on call program 1 week out of 4
- Prepare and present timely and accurate submitals to clients and office team
- Be a constant learner to improve industry related skills and technical knowledge
Built on a foundation of great brands and employees with a passion for service, our vision is to be the leading provider of essential services through empowered people, world-class customer service and convenient access. By joining ServiceMaster, you’ll be part of a talented network of employees with a shared vision.
Our environment is a diverse community where successful people work together to achieve common goals.