ServiceMaster of Greater Pittsburgh is seeking a highly motivated Accounting Department Team Leader to join our Oakmont Pennsylvania office. The position is responsible for all accounting functions including accounts payable, accounts receivable, bank deposits, payroll preparation and preparing weekly, monthly, quarterly and annual reporting. Our Ideal candidate will be a strong team leader capable of leading at least 4 staff members in achieving the goals and duties of the accounting office. Candidate must be a strategic thinker with strong business sense and display exceptional communication and finance skills. We be able to complete company transitions to more automated systems of reporting and data and information usage.
About our company: ServiceMaster of Greater Pittsburgh is leading provider of specialty cleaning, property restoration and construction services in the Western Pennsylvania area. Since 1981 we have grown to over 60 employees providing onsite residential and commercial cleaning and other specialty services, emergency fire, water and storm damage restoration and clean up, complete reconstruction services, environmental clean up and remediation and response nationally to hurricanes and other natural disasters.
Our team of enthusiastic service providers represent our company brand by living out our corporate objectives of:
Honoring God in all we do
Helping People Develop
Markets we Serve:
Schools, colleges and universities Insurance companies Commercial Property Management
Municipalities and Government Hospitality Industry Manufacturing and Warehousing
Medical facilities Multi Occupancy Dwellings Retail
We aim to be a leader in every market we service to benefit our customers, our employees, our vendor partners and our investors
Duties & Responsibilities
- Ø Instill a winning attitude and culture across the entire team that empowers the staff promotes open communication, positive morale and team spirit
- Ø Assure completion of all accounting related activities in a timely and accurate manner
- Ø Prepare accurate monthly financial statements including balance sheets, profit and loss statements. Cash flow statements with foot note disclosures
- Ø Review of general ledger activities for completeness and activities
- Ø Oversight of accounts payable and receivable process to assure prompt payment of invoices and collection of receivables
- Ø Prepare and record necessary monthly accruals and recurring journal entries
- Ø Prepare monthly sales tax reports and submittals
- Ø Prepare documents for year end tax work to be submitted to outside accounting professionals
- Ø Assist in establishing annual expense budgets and projections with executive team
- Ø Calculate variances from planned budget and report on significant issues
- Ø Maintain an orderly and accurate financial filing system
- Ø Participate in analysis & key decision making with executive management team
- Ø Help develop financial strategies and implement operational best practices
- Ø Prepare work in progress reports to determine accurate monthly revenues
- Ø Handle necessary financial reporting, commission and expense reports, posting of deposits and general accounting tasks
- Ø Participate in weekly financial and operations meetings with each division
- Ø Hold and oversee regular staff meetings to ensure accounting staff policies are being enforced and innovative procedures are created and implemented to assist with the daily operations and workflow.
Bachelor’s degree in accounting
5 years’ experience
Demonstrated leadership skills
Advanced Micro Soft Office Suite skills
Advanced experience with QuickBooks accounting system
Strong analytical and problem-solving skills with high level of attention to detail
Strong understanding of Generally Accepted Accounting Practices (GAAP)
Demonstrated organizational and time management skills necessary to successfully complete multiple tasks in pre-determined time frames
Willingness and ability to address problems or issues within a system and implement a solution to correct
Strong computer skills
What we offer:
2 weeks’ vacation
5 personal or sick days
6 paid holidays
Company paid life insurance
Company paid long term disability
401k with company matching program
Opportunity for advancement
Built on a foundation of great brands and employees with a passion for service, our vision is to be the leading provider of essential services through empowered people, world-class customer service and convenient access. By joining ServiceMaster, you’ll be part of a talented network of employees with a shared vision.
Our environment is a diverse community where successful people work together to achieve common goals.
This franchise is independently owned and operated by a ServiceMaster Clean® franchisee. Your application will go directly to the franchisee, and all hiring decisions will be made by the management of this franchisee. All inquiries about employment at this location should be made directly to the franchisee, and not to The ServiceMaster Company, LLC.