Join a a fast paced, industry leading team providing services to properties damaged by fire, water, storm and flood. We are a part of a recession proof industry that specializes in helping homeowners and business owners who have sustained property damage and need immediate help with restoring their lives back to normal. Since 1981, ServiceMaster of Greater Pittsburgh, has continued to grow and be at the forefront in Western Pennsylvania for property damage restoration. We work closely with property owners, insurance professionals and others involved with commercial, residential and institutional property damage restoration. Our teams enjoy helping people in their great time of need. This is an ideal position for insurance adjuster seeking job stability and opportunity or someone with related skills or experiences who want to expand their career.
We are seeking highly motivated, experienced, or very willing to learn insurance damage repair estimator to join our team. Job requires attention to detail, understanding of basic building concepts. Job requires mastery of industry related software including Xactamate as well as understanding industry concepts of structural drying, restoration services and general customer service delivery. Strong communication and negotiating skills a must. Ability to master and use industry software programs and work as part of a very high performing team a must.
Reporting Relationship: Restoration Department Manager & Operations Manager
Supervisory Relationship: To be determined based on experience
Working Relationship: Other members of Estimating and Administrative team
Fulltime Non Exempt Position Benefit Level Administration
Compensation: Hourly plus monthly incentive
Career Path: Advancement to Inside Project Manager
Responsibilities and activities typical but not limited to
Note: these are typical and normal activities and responsibilities associated with the Inside Estimator Customer Service Representative. . Requirements, duties and responsibilities may change as result of changes in business conditions. Staffing or other business requirements.
General Description: Primary focus is to take information from the field production team and convert that information into billable documents reflecting work that was performed to restore and or repair properties damaged by water, fire, smoke or storm. Requires maintaining oversite over the compliance of field crews in the delivery of industry required service standards. Taking the field notes and information , you create reports that accurately reflect work that was completed with appropriate charges for the work. Negotiations and communications with insurance adjusters and representatives is involved to seek an agreed price for work completed. Requires ownership of the job file and the results of the project including client happiness, insurance company approval and acceptable job margins.
- Provide initial intake of information from clients requesting service, provide initial feedback to customer regarding our services. Enter all customer information into job management data base.
- Communicate to operations team regarding new customer opportunities and make sure the customer is engaged by operations
- Take owner ship of assigned customer files making sure all critical information is gathered throughout the project to allow for ease of billing and collections.
- Interact with field team daily on assigned projects to update files, gather information and documentation to complete reporting and invoicing to the insurance company or end user
- Prepare detailed work scopes and invoice documents using XactaMate or Project Time and Material , upload or send final documentation and invoicing to stake holders in the project
- When an insurance company is involved negotiate as needed with the insurance company to provide the best possible solution for payment without compromising yours or the company’s integrity and reputation
- Be aware of costs and expenses incurred on assigned projects to establish target revenue to generate on that project
- Be attentive to property owner’s conditions and situation. Act as main point of contact with customer throughout restoration process.
- Maintain control and oversite on the receiving and posting all required documents for assigned projects providing for ease of final collections
- Prepare file for invoicing and turning over to collections making sure all required information and documents are present.
- Be aware and be able to implement new requirements and procedures from existing and new insurance companies and clients
- Attend regular staff meetings and be able to report and status and condition of files that you are handling
- Aid field production team by contacting sub contractors, vendors and insurance contacts to expedite the project
- Remember if it is not written or signed for it does not exist, Be a champion for complete and accurate documentation on all files
- Be aware of Cycle time requirements for performance on your files including your performance and also field production team members
- Close out the project including: all final handoff activities
Personal Development Activities
- Complete all ServiceMaster University Courses as assigned
- Complete level 1 and 2 Xactamate Training in 12 months
- Complete Inside video training course in first 12 months
- Master key concepts in the S500 Water damage Standard
- Master the use of Restore 365 for all project management duties
- Master Use of industry required Drydown documentation
- Complete Industry sponsored Certification Training in first 18 months
- Have full understanding how all Service Divisions with in the company interact
- Demonstrate leadership and accountability in file management and customer experience managment
- Be a constant learner
- Participate completely in the 24 hour on call program 1 week out of 4
- Be available for special “Code Blue” conditions requiring “All Hands on Deck”
- Understand and demonstrate embodiment of Company Core Values and Objectives
Job Specifications and Requirements:
- This is a project management role with prior experience in the property damage restoration or related construction experience highly desired
- Experience with Xactamate software or ability to learn estimating software highly desired
- Demonstrated experience in a fast paced work environment
- Strong interpersonal and organizational skills required
- Computer skills including word processing . spreadsheets, Data entry, basic autocad ,
- Ability to master basic scientific principles of drying , decontamination and cleaning
Work requirements and Physical Requirements
- Incumbents in this position typically work in an office setting
- Technology utilization includes phones, computers, copiers, fax machines and other office equipment
- Some lifting, bending and stretching
- Moderate duty work in office environment
- Occasional field visits to jobsites with varied conditions
- High school with some advanced education preferred
Built on a foundation of great brands and employees with a passion for service, our vision is to be the leading provider of essential services through empowered people, world-class customer service and convenient access. By joining ServiceMaster, you’ll be part of a talented network of employees with a shared vision.
Our environment is a diverse community where successful people work together to achieve common goals.
This franchise is independently owned and operated by a ServiceMaster Clean® franchisee. Your application will go directly to the franchisee, and all hiring decisions will be made by the management of this franchisee. All inquiries about employment at this location should be made directly to the franchisee, and not to The ServiceMaster Company, LLC.